Keeping a Mac clean can be tough, even if you’re generally quite careful about the apps that you install and delete files when you’re done using them. Every Mac is bound to accumulate a certain amount of junk as time goes by – whether it consists of cache and log files, trash bins, unused localizations, leftovers from uninstalled apps, and other old and large files.
Trying to track down all these types of junk files manually is close to impossible as it would simply take too much time to do so. And that is exactly what makes software such as Movavi Mac Cleaner (http://www.movavi.com/Mac-cleaner/) useful as it will help you to automate the process and make it convenient and fast.
By using Movavi Mac Cleaner and its features, you can:
- Automatically scan your Mac by launching the software so that it locates any and all junk files on your hard drive.
- Choose between deleting all the junk files on your hard drive with a single click and selecting specific types of junk files to delete.
- Cleanly uninstall apps without leaving traces and leftover files behind.
- Detect leftovers from apps that were uninstalled in the past and remove them.
- Uninstall native OS X apps such as iTunes that cannot be removed through conventional methods.
- Safely and securely delete confidential or sensitive files so that they cannot be recovered or restored – even by experts.
Assuming you clean your Mac in this fashion, you should end up with a huge amount of free space. Not many people realize, but even new Macs contain about 2.5 GB of files that will never be used and Movavi Mac Cleaner will help you to detect and remove all that and more.
The first time you clean your Mac you’ll also undoubtedly notice a marked improvement in its speed – seeing as its hard drive is no longer being ‘clogged’ by junk files. From that point on all you need to do to keep it running that fast is clean it on a regular basis, and because Movavi Mac Cleaner makes that so easy, there’s really no reason not to.